Thursday, December 31, 2009

Listen to Your Body

Years ago, a friend taught me how to maneuver (crack) my neck to relieve tension.  Lately, I was feeling like my whole body needed to be cracked.  So I listened to its plea for help and went to a chiropractor, Dr. Mark Corbelli (Chesterfield Chiropratic, Midlothian, VA).  While he assured me that he could not “cure” MS, he believed that a realignment of my spine would certainly relieve the pain I was experiencing  in my hips, back, and neck, possibly even relieving some of the tingling in my feet and hands.  He was also sure that he could eliminate the need for my 3rd leg (my handy cane).  I was very doubtful… my cane had been my only dependable leg for over 4 years.  But he was right… his gentle technique caused no additional distress or symptoms, and within 4-5 few months I was able to walk without the cane.  For the last 4.5 years it’s been happily buried in the trunk of my car.


Fatigue, is the worse tired feeling you will ever experience.  You actually feel the weight of your body parts and carrying them around is exhausting!  A few years earlier I had discovered a wonderful herb called MACA750, which is primarily for hormonal imbalance (menopause, low libido, etc.)  A side-benefit (not a side-effect) is that it has energizing properties that are quite amazing.  I decided to stop the anti-fatigue prescription (which caused sensitivity to the sun) and increase my intake of MACA750.  To my surprise, the fatigue was gone and I actually had enough energy to do something!  I could not only go out in the sunshine, but I was also freed from some pretty awful menopause symptoms!  

I was just learning to listen to my body and a consultation with a compounding pharmacist, who also runs a wellness center and is well trained in herbal and alternative medicine, would take to me to a level of listening that I didn’t know was possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting. Hopefully this maca product will give me some energy!

Debra Maddox said...

If it energizes me it will certainly do it for anyone else!