Saturday, December 19, 2009

Welcome to Immunohealth Blog

Welcome to my blog!  This is my journey to better health.  Hopefully, my experience will inspire you take an active role in protecting your own health.

Inching every closer to the big 60, I am a grandmother of 2 with a 3rd preparing to make “his” entrance in May of 2010.  Clearly I've lived long enough to have experienced some of everything, health-wise that is.  As a child I was very sickly… seasonal bugs and viruses, strep throat, tonsillitis, digestive problems, sensitive skin… I had it all, over and over and over again. In fact, I was the only kid in the neighborhood who got sick from playing in a summer rain shower or from walking through autumn’s endless deposit of colorful leaves! 


Yes, it was a long, unhealthy trek through childhood, and adulthood was not treating me any better.  It took years of trial and error, misdiagnosis, expensive tests, surgery, prescription medications (and their side-effects), and medical bills to discover that I was allergic to mold and a variety of other "normal" things abundant in the great outdoors and in our food supply.  I was quick to make the necessary adjustments, hoping the change would make a major difference.  At times, there was minimal improvement, but overall my health was steadily declining.  Eventually, through a process of elimination, it was determined that I was “suspicious for Multiple Sclerosis.”  That was over 10 years ago.

Now, don’t assume that this blog is about MS, because it is not.  Perhaps I do have MS, but I assure you that  MS no longer has me!  Frankly, I’ve never been one to dwell on the negative, so any comments that I make regarding my MS experience is solely for comparison purposes. This blog will focus on balancing your immune system and your hormones, so that you will not only feel better now, but you may actually avoid the thousands of diseases that thrive on an unbalanced immune system, and the distresses resulting from hormonal imbalance.

No comments: