Thursday, May 20, 2010

i26 and Food Allergens/Sensitivities

For many years I’ve used MACA750 for menopause symptoms and energy, and Rhosavin100 (rhodiola rosea) for stress and physical endurance; but since they are both herbs, I had stopped taking them during the first few weeks of taking i26. I was doing so well with i26 that I had forgotten to reintroduce these herbs into my regime. I started thinking that i26 was also controlling my menopause symptoms! Well, that wasn’t the case. Halfway through the second month, my personal summer (hot flashes) returned and I realized that MACA750 still had a job to do. I quickly discovered that it is best to take herbs 30 minutes to an hour after i26. When I took them together I suffered from really bad indigestion. Taken an hour later and everything was fine. Unfortunately, my work and sometimes my life are very stressful, so I also reintroduced Rhosavin100 as a precaution. It is an adaptogen herb and is clinically proven to help the body adapt to stress. I also had to take it an hour after the i26.
The interesting thing about adaptogen herbs is that they give your body what it needs, no more, no less. So while I thought I would likely get an extra boost of energy by combining the i26 with these energizing herbs, it didn’t happen. My body took only what it needed from these herbs - i26 was already covering the energy department. Hoping to regain the energy of my youth was probably unrealistic. However, I certainly had more energy than I had experienced in years and my endurance level has increased substantially.

Early in the fourth month I was ready to test my beloved tomatoes again. But first I reintroduced my digestive support supplement; not the enzymes, just Betaine HCL, Pepsin & Glutamic Acid. With little reserve I devoured a fresh tomato and waited for the dreaded reaction. To my surprise, nothing! No indigestion, no acid reflux, no IBS symptoms and no joint and muscle pain! Yes! I was overjoyed! Later that day I giggled through a meal which included cooked tomatoes; still no reaction! Oh, happy day! I don’t recall ever smiling so much over a meal. And this was just the beginning.

No comments: